Public Interest Alberta, a progressive, province-wide, membership-based political advocacy organization, is seeking applications for the position of Finance and Administration Officer.
The organization was founded in 2004 to build a network of organizations and individuals committed to advancing the public interest on issues such as child care, democracy, K-12 and post-secondary education, environment, human services and poverty, and seniors’ care. The organization advocates to protect and strengthen public services, programs, and spaces.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance and Administration Officer is a full-time position responsible for the office’s day-to-day operations to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The position is responsible for handling a wide range of tasks related to financial, administrative, and executive support.
NOTE: Our full team is working remotely from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, until further notice.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage the organization’s office space, equipment, and supplies
- Front office reception
- Manage, update, and maintain all financial records of the organization
- Assist the Executive Director in keeping the organization financially stable and sustainable
- Manage day-to-day banking, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Maintain human resources records
- Coordinate member and donor relations, including maintenance of database
- Oversee audit and internal control measures
- Prepare financial reports for executive and board meetings
- Assist in planning and manage logistics and finances for events, including annual conference, AGM, and special events
- Contribute to guiding and implementing the organization’s strategic directions
- Provide support to other staff as assigned
- Work remotely, when required
Public Interest Alberta strongly encourages people of all backgrounds to apply and strives to engage diverse people in our work at all levels, to ensure all communities in Alberta see themselves reflected in our programming. We are committed to considering applicants who identify as part of equity-seeking groups including people of colour, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, women, and youth.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong, demonstrated commitment to Public Interest Alberta’s values
- A minimum three years of office management experience
- An understanding of politics in Alberta
- Experience with budgets and standard accounting practices
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently
- Computer literacy and demonstrated skills using Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Previous experience using Simply Accounting software is an asset
This is a 35-hour-per-week position in our Edmonton office starting at $27.95 per hour, and includes comprehensive health and retirement benefits.
Submit your cover letter and resume with references to [email protected]. We are accepting applications until 4:30 PM on February 15, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is unionized with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 474.