Nominations are now open for the 2016 Public Interest Alberta Awards! Nominate an individual or an organization today!
The PIA Board will make the selection and the award will be presented during our Annual General Meeting in June. The successful nominees will be advised prior to the event to ensure their availability to accept the award. Complete the nomination form (found here) and the following:
- A brief biography or history of the nominee (one page maximum)
- A description of the nominee’s achievements and their importance in promoting the public interest in Alberta
- Letter(s) of support
- Other information helpful in supporting the nomination
The complete nomination should be delivered, mailed, or faxed no later than May 20, 2016 to:
Public Interest Alberta
604, 12323 Stony Plain Rd NW
Edmonton, AB T5N 3Y5
Each year the Public Interest Awards are given to individuals and/or organizations who are making an exemplary contribution in one or more of the following ways:
- effectively drawing public attention to the importance of preserving and enhancing an element of public services, public
- institutions, public spaces, the public good or the public interest.
- mobilizing support in one or more of the above areas.
- promoting effective cooperation among individuals and organizations in one or more of the above areas.
- working to strengthen Alberta’s public sphere and public interest in any other effective manner.